Employees who are faced with a workplace problem must deal with a complex array of statutory laws at the federal and provincial levels along with the common law of employment. These laws range from those governing minimum employment standards, wrongful dismissal, human rights, unionization and collective bargaining to those dealing with occupational health and safety, pay and employment equity, and workers’ compensation.
We provide a full range of services including providing proactive advice and representation in the following areas:
- wrongful and constructive dismissal advice and litigation, including class actions;
- Ontario and Federal legislation on collective bargaining, employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, workers compensation;
- human rights including pay and employment equity plans for workplaces and alternative dispute resolution measures;
- reviewing and negotiating severance "packages" on termination;
- preparing and negotiating employment contracts;
- advising employees on workplace obligations including confidentiality and fiduciary obligations.