Non-unionized employees who are faced with a workplace problem must deal with a complex array of statutory laws at the federal and provincial levels along with the common law of employment. We represent all employees from all walks of life, including in the financial services industry, in manufacturing, in the public service, in the health and education sectors, at major boards, utilities, non-profit organizations, and IT firms. Our employment law practise spans the country and is multi-national: we represent people with employment law issues connected to Canada working around the World.
We provide a full range of services including providing proactive advice and representation in the following areas:
- wrongful and constructive dismissal advice and litigation, including class actions;
- Ontario and Federal legislation on collective bargaining, employment standards, human rights, occupational health and safety, workers compensation;
- human rights including pay and employment equity plans for workplaces and alternative dispute resolution measures;
- reviewing and negotiating severance "packages" on termination;
- preparing and negotiating employment contracts;
- advising employees on workplace obligations including confidentiality and fiduciary obligations.
Our employment lawyers have argued some of the leading employment law cases in Canada, and we invite you to visit their profiles to learn more about them.