Health law covers many different issues ranging from the regulation, discipline and liability of health professionals to the duty to accommodate persons with disabilities. Health care professionals may find themselves facing legal proceedings in a variety of different proceedings which all relate to the same occurrence in the workplace. We provide proactive advice and defence to health professionals.
Our services include:
- advice and representation to professionals in their dealings with employers and regulatory/licensing bodies;
- human rights complaints and actions to enforce the rights of persons with disabilities, including the duty to accommodate;
- policy and legal advice on professional governance, discipline issues and legislative reform;
- representation of health care professionals in civil malpractice actions;
- representation of health care professionals at coroner’s inquests and public inquiries; and
- negotiations with the Ministry of Health.