Our student compensation package is very competitive with similarly situated firms. While articling at the firm students are covered by a collective agreement with the Canadian Union of Public Employees. Tuition for the LSUC Licensing Process is paid subject to a cap and enrollment during the period of employment. In addition, students are part of an excellent benefits package.
Cavalluzzo is committed, where possible, to growth from within. It is the nature of a firm of our size and degree of specialization that employment opportunities with the firm cannot be guaranteed. A significant number of our more than thirty lawyers articled with the firm.
In addition to our solid record of growth from within, the firm has extensive connections in the community in which it practices. A review of current location of lawyers who articled with the firm in recent years reveals that they have obtained interesting and challenging employment, often with assistance from the firm. Examples include employment:
- at other law firms with practices similar to ours
- as in-house counsel to trade unions or professional organizations some of which are clients of the firm
- as counsel at the Human Rights Commission
- with university law faculties
- in policy positions with government or institutions
- with international NGOs -