Employment-related issues in the education sector are increasingly complex, covering a wide range of areas from collective bargaining and funding issues to professional discipline and Charter/Constitutional Law issues.
We provide advice and representation to teacher unions in the Public and Catholic school systems, and to unions representing faculty in the university and community college systems.
Services offered to teachers/faculty and their unions include advice and representation:
- at arbitrations and before the Labour Board; before the College of Teachers;
- before Human Rights Commissions and Boards of Inquiry;
- on civil litigation\class action issues;
- on benefits, including WSIA, EI, pensions and LTD;
- on organizational matters;
- in related criminal investigations, and in Children’s Aid Society investigations.
Our employment-related education law services are also available to educators in independent schools.