Employment-related issues in the education sector are increasingly complex, covering a wide range of areas from collective bargaining and funding issues to professional discipline and Charter/Constitutional Law issues.
We provide advice and representation to unions representing educators in our publicly-funded schools and to unions representing faculty in the university and community college systems.
Our services to educators/faculty and their unions include advice and representation:
- at arbitrations and before the Ontario Labour Relations Board (OLRB);
- on professional regulation matters before the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) and the College of Early Childhood Educators (CECE);
- before the Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario (HRTO);
- on civil litigation/class action issues;
- on benefits, including WSIA, EI, pension and LTD matters;
- on organizational matters;
- on criminal matters and in Children’s Aid Society investigations.
Our employment-related education law services are also available to educators in independent schools.
Recent notable representations include: